Year Two Homeschool Curriculum Course
Our Year Two Homeschool Curriculum is written to comply with the Australian Curriculum. We’ve done the planning so you can be confident you are giving your child a well-rounded education and that you comply with Australia’s homeschool registration requirements.
However! We offer you more than a tick boxes Year Two Homeschool Curriculum. We also offer an Australian Homeschool Curriculum that is a delight to teach and a pleasure to learn.
This Charlotte Mason inspired Year Two Homeschool Curriculum is something special.
Is Your Child Ready?
Children in our Year Two homeschool curriculum are usually around 7 or 8 years old. They are able to write a sentence and are growing in their reading ability. They may be able to read a short chapter book.
Some families are finding this course a good core for teaching multiple children because it is the beginning of the history cycle. If you do this you still need to supplement your other children with appropriate age and skill based resources.
It’s Not School At Home
Family learning time is the heart of our Year Two Homeschool Curriculum. This is not just a convenience, it is a rich time when the family gather to share in their learning journey together. It’s a bonding time. It may be just one child or you may have a few children you teach at the same time.
This Year Two Homeschool Curriculum has been written by experienced home educators and we understand what it’s like to teach a few children at the same time! Find out more about us.
Children of the ages 7 and 8 are becoming more confident in their reading, they can do some work on their own, they’re still great at asking questions and observing. We want to help you make these natural tendencies part of their learning experience.
A Literature Rich Year Two Homeschool Curriculum
We aren’t keen on worksheets, textbooks or comprehension tests. We’d rather you take your child on a learning journey.
At My Homeschool we want to use living literature, nature study, music and art as an instrument for nourishing your child’s mind. We don’t just care about following the Australian Curriculum (or a state syllabus), we also care about giving your child a rich education full of great ideas and noble thoughts.
A Charlotte Mason inspired approach to learning is the philosophy behind our program. We help you tick the curriculum box and give your child a living education.
Your Year Two Little Scholars Will:
- Hear and read classic literature from Australia and around the world.
- Practice handwriting using copywork from Aesop’s Fables.
- Start or continue learning simple narration, grammar and writing skills.
- Begin world history from Creation to Alexander the Great and make their own timeline.
- Science and Geography will include guided conversation, mapping, nature study and award winning picture books.
“He must be accustomed to ask why — Why does the wind blow? Why does the river flow? Why is a leaf-bud sticky? And do not hurry to answer his questions for him; let him think his difficulties out so far as his small experience will carry him.” Charlotte Mason
- Have short, consistent lesson time in the mornings, leaving afternoons free for natural learning and play. You can also get some of your jobs done.
- Making discoveries through hands-on activities and art projects.
- Learning about great artists and musicians.
Are You Ready To Teach Our Year Two Homeschool Program?
Becoming a home educator can be a little scary, sometimes we wonder if we are qualified to teach! But we are here to support you.
- We have a community forum where you can ask your homeschool questions and get some advice.
- Our free Homeschool Teaching 101 Course will give you an understanding on the teaching methods we use.
- We even have yearly My Homeschool Seminars that you can attend and meet other homeschool families and get some inspiration.
Year Two Homeschool Curriculum Cost
- First Time Members: $385 plus membership subscription.
- Current Membership: $385 once off payment.
I’m really in love with the literature rich style of My Homeschool. I can see the benefit and how it will help us be closer as a family. I have a 3 month old as well and this style lends itself to the busy mum. 😀 GREAT WORK!!!Emily from Tasmania
The mind “is nourished on ideas and absorbs facts only as they hang connected with the living ideas upon which they hang. Children educated upon some such lines as these respond in a surprising way, developing capacity, character, countenance, initiative and a sense of responsibility…The mind feeds on ideas and therefore children should have a generous curriculum.”Charlotte Mason
I’m actually really just liking the balance of everything. Thank you again for providing such a fabulous curriculum.Tania from NSW