Year Three Homeschool Curriculum
Our Year Three Homeschool Curriculum is written to comply with the Australian Curriculum. We’ve done the planning so you can be confident you are giving your child a well-rounded education and that you comply with Australia’s homeschool registration requirements.
However! We offer you more than a tick boxes Year Three Homeschool Curriculum. We also offer an Australian Homeschool Curriculum that is a delight to teach and a pleasure to learn.
This Charlotte Mason inspired Year Three Homeschool Curriculum is something special.
Course Cost & Enrolment
- Each primary courses costs $385 per grade plus a family membership subscription. All courses are purchased from within our My Homeschool Member’s site. Note: Only one subscription is needed per family.
- Additional living books are required to complete the course. A list is found in the free trial course outlines for each grade.
- Printing of resources and additional stationary is also required.
Your Year Three Little Scholars Will:
- Hear and read classic literature from Australia and around the world.
- Practice handwriting using copywork from classic children’s poetry.
- Transition from printing to cursive writing.
- Continue learning simple narration, grammar and writing skills.
- Meander through world history from Alexander the Great, to the Knights of Britain. Read their tales and record significant people on a timeline.
- Study science using the an Australian nature study classic – The Wonderland of Nature .
- Geography will include an updated 21st century version of what Charlotte Mason used to teach her students about the our planet and the universe. It includes guided conversation, mapping, nature study and suggestions for the child who wants to explore further.
Your day will usually include consistent lesson time in the mornings (3 to 4 days per week), leaving afternoons free for natural learning and play. You can also get some of your jobs done or go visiting!
Are You Ready To Teach Our Year Three Homeschool Program?
Becoming a home educator can be a little scary, sometimes we wonder if we are qualified to teach! But we are here to support you.
- We have a community forum where you can ask your homeschool questions and get some advice.
- Our free Homeschool Teaching 101 Course will give you an understanding on the teaching methods we use.
- We even have yearly My Homeschool Seminars that you can attend and meet other homeschool families and get some inspiration.
I like all the core subjects (history, geography, nature study). Moodle App is handy. Weekly guide is great!Susan from VIC
The mind “is nourished on ideas and absorbs facts only as they hang connected with the living ideas upon which they hang. Children educated upon some such lines as these respond in a surprising way, developing capacity, character, countenance, initiative and a sense of responsibility.”Charlotte Mason
It has definitely made me feel more organised (I just need to train the kids better, but I do feel it is slowly happening). I really like that I can trust that the book recommendations will be all “good” and I don’t need to lose time chasing reviews etc…Overall I am finding it very adaptable, and I like the prompts for end of term reviews (that’s one thing I just never got to before).Anna from NSW