My Homeschool Year Six Course
Are you looking for something special for your child’s homeschool program? Well, we have planned an absolutely delightful Year Six Charlotte Mason inspired curriculum.
We want your child’s homeschool education to be a joyful experience for you and your child.
To make it easier, we’ve done the planning so you can be confident you are giving your child a well-rounded education and that you comply with Australia’s homeschool registration requirements.
Your Year Six Little Scholars Will:
- Investigate Australia’s political heritage through our prime ministers and historical fiction.
- Read about modern history and other political ideologies of aparthied, communism, nazism through historical fiction and historical text.
- Discover Australia with a geographical trip around Australia’s landmarks, resources and unique features.
- Examine the lives of two special families through biographical stories of a refugee and an aboriginal woman.
- Learn about great artists and musicians.
- Practice cursive handwriting and begin learning a language using Latin copywork.
- Increase their spelling skills with more dictation.
- Famaliarise themselves with many classic poems.
- Continue learning simple narration, grammar and writing skills.
- Have a choice of science resources. We have schedules that will work for independent learners and when teaching as a family group.
- Watch a collection of science video clips
- Be introduced to a few term examinations
Year Six Course Cost
- First Time Members: $385 plus $15 per month membership subscription.
- Current Membership: $385 once off payment.
To encourage a passion and motivation for learning, we’ve adopted a literature rich philosophy which has avoided worksheets and textbooks whenever possible. Our family learning schedule includes: thoughtful conversations, classic read alouds, narrations, poetry, picture study, science and nature journaling, notebooking and art lessons. Independent work includes English, math, copywork and age appropriate readers.
These resources can be downloaded or accessed online. You can print off these documents or keep them in your virtual cupboard.
- Detailed Scope and Sequence and Yearly Plan Year 6: Use for registration application, includes Australian Curriculum codes and NESA outcomes.
- Introduction to Teaching Year 6: A home educator’s guide that shows you how to teaching this grade.
- 36 Weeks of Lesson Plans: An online and a printable PDF version of each week’s activities, reading schedules and lesson notes.
- Primary Language Lessons Year 6: An English resource combining literature lessons with copywork, spelling, dictation, narrations, picture study, observations, poetry, writing and grammar.
- Downunder Dictation: uses Australian and New Zealand classic literature
- Latin Copywork Cursive: Encourages your child to practise their technique while exposing them to another language. Text: Genesis Chapter 1.
- Discover Downunder: Written more like a travel brochure than a textbook, this compact geography book will bring Australia to life – region by region and place by place.
- Australian Geography Notebook – A narration notebook with mapping exercises
- Science in the Age of Reason trial – The first 3 weeks lessons in PDF format.
- PM notebook and Politics Quiz – a narration tool.
- Animal Farm – Online book
- Book of Centuries Instructions.
- Science Videos
- Healthy Conversations Year 5 to Year 6
- Art Appreciation Course: Provided free with subscription
- Music Appreciation Course: Provided free with subscription
- And a few other bits and bobs including video links and suggested enrichment activities.
What Isn’t Provided
We don’t provide a math program but we’ve got some suggestions, so you can pick a resource that suits your child’s style and ability.
Since this is a literature rich course we need you to buy or borrow some living books. You can view our book list when you download the course outline.
Foreign language lessons are also at your own discretion but we’ll give you some tips.
Year Six Details
Our aim was to find a good balance between Charlotte Mason’s ideas and the registration requirements of a modern day Australian curriculum.
Efficient planning means that we’ve streamlined lessons to give your child a rich learning experience without making you feel guilty or overloaded. This means you’ll still have time to go on delight directed learning adventures.
36 Week Cycle
Our Year Two programs is set out in a 4 term/36 week cycle that can be spread over 4 days (12 – 16 hours per week). To give you some breathing space, we’ve allocated the last week of each term to: special projects, catch-up lessons and assessments.
But you as the homeschooling parent you can pace your child’s learning according to their abilities and needs.
Keeping track of your progress is also easy with our weekly schedules available in an online or printable format.
Registration is made simple with our Yearly Planning Template and detailed Scope and Sequence.
We also provide certificates and portfolio prompts that will make documentation and continued registration a cinch.
At the end of each term there is a downloadable report of work achieved over the term. Parents add comments and assessments of their child’s progress in each area of learning.
Online Learning Platform
One of the most exciting features of My Homeschool is the online learning platform we are using. You can access your course from your PC, Mac, Tablet or even your phone.
Moodle is an Australian designed software that is used by many school, universities, colleges and educational institutions around the world. My Homeschool has been built on this platform. You can download an app for your smart phone or iPhone and that means your whole course is at your fingertips. This is great for getting organsied and learning on the go.
Non Member’s Price
Year Six Price: $385 plus $15 per month membership subscription
Course membership is activated once you purchase your first course; the initial course price includes your monthly membership subscription fee. Membership remains active as long as you stay subscribed. It gives you access to the My Homeschool Learning Platform the curriculum course you purchased and our enrichment courses. The membership can only be used for the family subscribed. The membership may not be used for non-family members.
You only need to purchase one course at this price.
Membership Year Six Price: $385 once off payment.
After you become a member you are entitled to purchase additional courses without the additional subscription fee. Links to subscription free course are only accessed from within the My Homeschool Learning Platform. Discounted course links can be accessed from the home page after logging in.
This is a once of price that gives you access to the course for as long as your subscription remains current.
Download Course Outline
We’ve put a comprehensive outline and weekly lesson sample guide for you to download and read.
I love that I have a place to start with organising a personalised curriculum. I love the access to the Primary Language Lessons, copy work, and geography resources.
To have a grade by grade list of resources suggested and available for the various subjects is great!!
Although I haven’t as yet made proper use of the community hub, I plan to and it is reassuring to have that available!Suzie from QLD
Appreciate all the work that has gone into creating each grade level work.
As a teacher & homeschooling parent, I have an appreciation for all the time that has been put into developing the content appropriate to each grade.
Thank you.Louise from ACT