Our Year Six Homeschool Curriculum is written to comply with the Australian Curriculum. We’ve done the planning so you can be confident you are giving your child a well-rounded education and that you comply with Australia’s homeschool registration requirements.
However! We offer you more than a tick boxes Year Six Homeschool Curriculum. We also offer an Australian Homeschool Curriculum that is a delight to teach and a pleasure to learn.
This Charlotte Mason inspired Year Six Homeschool Curriculum is something special.
Course Cost & Enrolment
- Each primary courses costs $400 per grade plus a family membership subscription. All courses are purchased from within our My Homeschool Member’s site. Note: Only one subscription is needed per family.
- Additional living books are required to complete the course. A list is found in the free trial course outlines for each grade.
- Printing of resources and additional stationary is also required.
Your Year Six Little Scholars Will:
- Investigate Australia’s political heritage through our prime ministers and historical fiction.
- Read about modern history and other political ideologies of aparthied, communism, nazism through historical fiction and historical text.
- Discover Australia with a geographical trip around Australia’s landmarks, resources and unique features.
- Examine the lives of two special families through biographical stories of a refugee and an aboriginal woman.
- Learn about great artists and musicians.
- Practice cursive handwriting and begin learning a language using Latin copywork.
- Increase their spelling skills with more dictation.
- Famaliarise themselves with many classic poems.
- Continue learning simple narration, grammar and writing skills.
- Have a choice of science resources. We have schedules that will work for independent learners and when teaching as a family group.
- Watch a collection of science video clips
- Be introduced to a few term examinations
Are You Ready To Teach Our Year Six Homeschool Program?
Becoming a home educator can be a little scary, sometimes we wonder if we are qualified to teach! But we are here to support you.
- We have a community forum where you can ask your homeschool questions and get some advice.
- Our free Homeschool Teaching 101 Course will give you an understanding on the teaching methods we use.
- We even have yearly My Homeschool Seminars that you can attend and meet other homeschool families and get some inspiration.
View Year Six Course Outline
Here is a comprehensive guide of what our curriculum provides. It includes subjects, lesson plan, additional books, and a brief overview of our method.
Appreciate all the work that has gone into creating each grade level work.
As a teacher & homeschooling parent, I have an appreciation for all the time that has been put into developing the content appropriate to each grade.
Thank you.Louise from ACT
I love that I have a place to start with organising a personalised curriculum. I love the access to the Primary Language Lessons, copy work, and geography resources.
To have a grade by grade list of resources suggested and available for the various subjects is great!!
Although I haven’t as yet made proper use of the community hub, I plan to and it is reassuring to have that available!Suzie from QLD