Australian Year Six Homeschool Curriculum
Our Year Six Homeschool Curriculum is written to comply with the Australian Curriculum. We’ve done the planning so you can be confident you are giving your child a well-rounded education and that you comply with Australia’s homeschool registration requirements.
However! We offer you more than a tick boxes Year Six Homeschool Curriculum. We also offer an Australian Homeschool Curriculum that is a delight to teach and a pleasure to learn.
This Charlotte Mason inspired Year Six Homeschool Curriculum is something special.
Course Cost & Enrolment
- This primary course costs $400.
- To enrol in our graded courses you must first become a member. Only one membership is needed per family.
- All courses are purchased from within our My Homeschool Member’s site. Note: Only one subscription is needed per family.
- Once you have purchased your membership and course, you can expect to spend around $150 buying required books, stationery and printing costs.
Your Year Six Little Scholars Will:
- Investigate Australia’s political heritage through our prime ministers and historical fiction.
- Read about modern history and other political ideologies of aparthied, communism, nazism through historical fiction and historical text.
- Discover Australia with a geographical trip around Australia’s landmarks, resources and unique features.
- Examine the lives of two special families through biographical stories of a refugee and an aboriginal woman.
- Learn about great artists and musicians.
- Practice cursive handwriting and begin learning a language using Latin copywork.
- Increase their spelling skills with more dictation.
- Famaliarise themselves with many classic poems.
- Continue learning simple narration, grammar and writing skills.
- Have a choice of science resources. We have schedules that will work for independent learners and when teaching as a family group.
- Watch a collection of science video clips
- Be introduced to a few term examinations
Are You Ready To Teach Our Year Six Homeschool Program?
Becoming a home educator can be a little scary, sometimes we wonder if we are qualified to teach! But we are here to support you.
- We have a community forum where you can ask your homeschool questions and get some advice.
- Our free Homeschool Teaching 101 Course will give you an understanding on the teaching methods we use.
- We even have yearly My Homeschool Seminars that you can attend and meet other homeschool families and get some inspiration.
At My Homeschool we want to give you the curriculum we always wanted.
Many of our members report that our curriculum is just what they needed to educate in a Charlotte Mason way and feel confident that they are following their state’s registration requirements.
Become A Member now to Buy Your Course.
You’ll get access to our learning platform where you can enrol in our course. It will only take you 15 minutes.
Appreciate all the work that has gone into creating each grade level work.
As a teacher & homeschooling parent, I have an appreciation for all the time that has been put into developing the content appropriate to each grade.
I love that I have a place to start with organising a personalised curriculum. I love the access to the Primary Language Lessons, copy work, and geography resources.
To have a grade by grade list of resources suggested and available for the various subjects is great!!
Although I haven’t as yet made proper use of the community hub, I plan to and it is reassuring to have that available!