Year Four Homeschool Curriculum
Our Year Four Homeschool Curriculum is written to comply with the Australian Curriculum. We’ve done the planning so you can be confident you are giving your child a well-rounded education and that you comply with Australia’s homeschool registration requirements.
However! We offer you more than a tick boxes Year Four Homeschool Curriculum. We also offer an Australian Homeschool Curriculum that is a delight to teach and a pleasure to learn.
This Charlotte Mason inspired Year Four Homeschool Curriculum is something special.
Course Cost & Enrolment
- Each primary courses costs $400 per grade plus a family membership subscription. All courses are purchased from within our My Homeschool Member’s site. Note: Only one subscription is needed per family.
- Additional living books are required to complete the course. A list is found in the free trial course outlines for each grade.
- Printing of resources and additional stationary is also required.
Your Year Four Little Scholars Will:
- Hear and read classic literature from Australia and around the world.
- Learn about great artists and musicians.
- Practice cursive handwriting using classic literature from Australia and New Zealand as copywork.
- Famaliarise themselves with many classic poems.
- Continue learning simple narration, grammar and writing skills.
- Meander through world history with William the Conqueror, Gengis Khan, Gutenberg, and the Renaissance.
- Find Australia’s place in world history from the Aboriginals’ first contacts with world explorers. Read their tales and record significant people on a timeline.
- Examine the 7 continents of the world.
- Learn some Aboriginal art techniques
- Watch a collection of science video clips
I enjoy the links to the weeks for ease and love the free content about music. I had to create my own schedule to fit with our family, but have used Michelle’s suggestion as a starting point. I love the Amy Mack stories and my kids are enjoying the texts this term.
Seven Little Australians is quite wonderful and opens up conversations with their grandparents.
I like that the codes for the AP are all there and we just tick them off.Liz from NSW
Are You Ready To Teach Our Year Four Homeschool Program?
Becoming a home educator can be a little scary, sometimes we wonder if we are qualified to teach! But we are here to support you.
- We have a community forum where you can ask your homeschool questions and get some advice.
- Our free Homeschool Teaching 101 Course will give you an understanding on the teaching methods we use.
- We even have yearly My Homeschool Seminars that you can attend and meet other homeschool families and get some inspiration.
View Year Four Course Outline
Here is a comprehensive guide of what our curriculum provides. It includes subjects, lesson plan, additional books, and a brief overview of our method.
I’m really enjoying having Michelle’s years of experience to know what resources are quality, like science… The music appreciation sites are good.
I love the pick up and go nature of the Primary Language Lessons as well as the Pleasant Talk of Places. Love the copywork books!Anita from NSW
I’m actually really just liking the balance of everythingTanya from NSW
I to started this year with my 9 year old boy, so I’m definitely not an expert at this at all.
It’s been an adjustment period but I enjoy having my son home and watching him learn, he’s having more fun and I can tell how much he is progressing in just the short amount of time he’s been doing it.
Starting off the journey is scary, and we have just had our 3 month moderator visit us for the first time. I was so nervous! We passed with flying colours and she was very impressed with everything my son has been learning.