Australian Year Five Homeschool Curriculum
Our Year Five Homeschool Curriculum is written to comply with the Australian Curriculum. We’ve done the planning so you can be confident you are giving your child a well-rounded education and that you comply with Australia’s homeschool registration requirements.
However! We offer you more than a tick boxes Year Five Homeschool Curriculum. We also offer an Australian Homeschool Curriculum that is a delight to teach and a pleasure to learn.
This Charlotte Mason inspired Year Five Homeschool Curriculum is something special.
Course Cost & Enrolment
- Each primary courses costs $400 per grade plus a family membership subscription. All courses are purchased from within our My Homeschool Member’s site. Note: Only one subscription is needed per family.
- Additional living books are required to complete the course. A list is found in the free trial course outlines for each grade.
- Printing of resources and additional stationary is also required.
Your Year Five Homeschool Little Scholars Will:
- Learn about great artists and musicians.
- Practice cursive handwriting using classic literature from Australia and New Zealand as copywork.
- Familiarise themselves with many classic poems.
- Continue learning simple narration, grammar and writing skills.
- Focus on Australian history with an overview from the aboriginals first contacts with Europeans to modern day Australia. Historical fiction will also feature Australian history.
- Learn about indigenous languages of Australia.
- Nature journaling is an all-year-round study inspired by Amy Mack’s delightful nature journal, A Bush Calendar.
- Cover the four strands of science: astronomy, the technology of invention, sound, properties of matter and light.
Your day will usually include consistent lesson time in the mornings about 4 days per week, leaving afternoons free for natural learning and play. You can also get some of your jobs done or go visiting!
Are You Ready To Teach Our Year Five Homeschool Program?
Becoming a home educator can be a little scary, sometimes we wonder if we are qualified to teach! But we are here to support you.
- We have a community forum where you can ask your homeschool questions and get some advice.
- Our free Homeschool Teaching 101 Course will give you an understanding on the teaching methods we use.
- We even have yearly My Homeschool Seminars that you can attend and meet other homeschool families and get some inspiration.
My Year 5 is also doing the science readings with “The New Astronomy Book”. We are all learning as we go, and the whole family is enjoying the information we are covering and the hours we are spending together out in the back yard at night.Joanna from QLD
View Year Five Course Outline
Here is a comprehensive guide of what our curriculum provides. It includes subjects, lesson plan, additional books, and a brief overview of our method.
I enjoy the links to the weeks for ease and love the free content about music. I had to create my own schedule to fit with our family, but have used Michelle’s suggestion as a starting point. I love the Amy Mack stories and my kids are enjoying the texts this term.
Seven Little Australians is quite wonderful and opens up conversations with their grandparents.
I like that the codes for the AP are all there and we just tick them off.Liz from NSW
What a relief and blessing for homeschool families to have all the nitty gritty details of daily homeschool and homeschool registration designed for us. It is wonderful to see how simple registration can be. Michelle you have created a method for recording that oozes simplicity and that is what we all want. Michelle and Jo you are a very present listening ear and help on the My Homeschool forum and your advice is all about making homeschool work for each one. I have absolute freedom in how I use this resource. I have not followed the schedule as is but have felt encouragement from you to make it work for my busy family lifestyle, quirks and passions. Year 5 is helping our ten year old to move into written narrations and I have found Our Sunburnt Country broken into small chunks with a notebook page for each reading, is so simple and achievable. My daughters confidence in writing has grown in the first term of using My Homeschool following this very natural method. Thank you Michelle and Jo, for your commitment to making homeschool simple. What a blessing you are. Kindest Blessings Renelle xRenelle from NSW