My Homeschool is an Australian Christian Home Schooling Curriculum.
We aim to give parents confidence that they are educating their children with a world view that honours Christian values, however our resources are not exclusively Christian.
Our family friendly curriculum helps parents and children connect, as they read through great literature and discuss what they are learning.
We have attempted to choose great resources and often a secular resource was the best option. You can read about our literature philosophy here.
Specific Bible study resources have not been included in this course. Our weekly routine includes a group family time and we encourage you to teach your children the Bible then. However we didn’t want to lock you into a particular resource as we know you’ll all have your own ideas on what will work best for your family. Here are some book suggestions.
Education of the whole child is important to us and parents are encouraged to nurture their children’s spiritual, intellectual, emotional and social needs.
Australian Christian Home Schooling Resources
Many of our resources have been written specifically with Australian Christian home educators in mind.
- Science resources include Australian content but do not include the theory of evolution as fact. Apologia Science has been recommended for our late primary and high school studies.
- History studies includes world history in a chronological approach which includes Jewish, Christian and Church history.
- Our Australian geography has been written by Jo Lloyd who is a geographer and Christian and has also approached the subject from a Christian world view.
- Literature choices have been mindful of parents who want Australian Christian Home Schooling.
- Personal Development and Health outlines are given for the parents as a guide so that they can follow the Australian Curriculum expectations. However we believe parents have the right to teach this topic and we allow you to approach the subjects discussed in an age appropriate manner.
Charlotte Mason and Australian Christian Home Schooling
We are fans of Charlotte Mason and promote her method as a good way to provide an Australian Christian home schooling curriculum. You can read more about her method here. But we also use ideas from other Christian Homeschooling authors such as Ruth Beechick and Sally Clarkson.
Can This Program Be Taught In A Secular Way?
We do have a number of families from other faiths who use this curriculum. Some resources can be substituted with secular resources. We also use many books that have been written by secular authors. Our goal is to teach the Australian Curriculum but in a way that supports Australian Christian home education. You can read more about the authors here.
My Homeschool has been the perfect fit for our family. It has provided the “hand-holding” I needed as a new homeschooler while still being flexible enough to be workable in everyday life.
It took the stress out of writing the application for exemption to homeschool as everything was laid out for me, and we were granted 18 months exemption.
I love that it uses a relaxed CM style, can be taught from a Christian worldview and is Australian. The weekly plans are not overly prescriptive so can easily be implemented according to the child’s individual interests and pace of learning and whatever else is happening in our week.Lauren from SA